The East Ozernaya River being 200 km long, is located in the North-Eastern part of Kamchatka. It origins from Sredinny Range and flows into the Bering Sea. All 6 species of Pacific Salmon penetrate the river (King, Masu, Dog, Pink, Coho, Sockeye – salmon).
The river is full of the most desirable angler’s trophy – Mikizha (Rainbow trout). Its average size is 40-60 cm. There is also plenty of Kundja and Malma (Loach), the weight of the last might exceed 5 kg. The good population of Grayling is also present in the East Ozernaya. The average weight is 1 kg which is pretty rare for Kamchatka rivers. Due to its hard access and remote location as well as for challenging casting East Ozernaya is by rights one of the most attractive Kamchatka fishing destinations. The single means of transport to get there is helicopter.
All the route long the anglers are accompanied by experienced skillful guides, a cook and a camp assistant.
For the floating part of expedition the 14-16 feet rafts with single-back oars are used. All the necessary equipment is provided including the generator for photo and video devices recharging, communication facilities.
There are 4-person camping tents with one general high-awning lobby for comfortable accommodation of our anglers. Full-board meals format is provided during the whole route.
Transfer to Kozyrevsk, hotel overnight. Full board meals.
Helicopter flight to the floating start point. fishing.
Fishing, transfer to Kozyrevsk, and then – to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, hotel overnight.
The up-to-date prices – on request.
• The rods with lures test up to 30 gram. Length : 2,4 – 2,7 meters
• The reels – size 2500 – 3000 (by Daiwa classification)
• Braided lines: 10 – 15 Lb
• Lures: for the salmon (Coho, Sockeye, Dog & Pink salmon, ) – oscillating spoons from 7 to 30 gram, 7-10 cm long , silver, copper + vivid fluorescent colors – yellow & orange
For Malma, Kundja, Mikizha – rotating spoons (similar to Daiwa Silver Creek 6-15 gram, Smith Niakis 9-12 gram), and wobblers.
• Rods: single-handed 6-8 class, two-handed 7-9 class.
• Lines: floating, floating with sinking tip,
• Leaders: from floating to speedy sinking,
• Tippets: 0,3 – 0,4 mm
• Lures: 5-10 cm streamers, big wet flies, mouse imitation, in summer – sometimes dry flies.
“Catch & release” format only,
Fly-fishing: only single-hooked flies,
Spinning: only single-hooked lures
Apparel and equipment:
• Waders, preferring high-quality membrane ones (water-repellent, water vapor permeability)
• Waders shoes with felted soles. The spare kit of crampons are to be taken as well.
• Polarized sun-glasses.
• The coat without inner lining in case of rain.
• Thermal underwear 1-2 light sets (Polartec Power Dry) and 1 warm one (Polartec Power Stretch)
• Warm coat (Polartec 200-300 or Polartec Windblock).
• Hand cream
• Individual medicine kit
• Sleeping bag with index 10 (comfort scale)
• Dressing forceps
• Repellents (red “Gardex” )
• Forehead lantern
• Hermetic bags with volume from 2 to 80 liters for different personal belongings.
• Waterproof bag.
• Hermetic packages for the documents (passport, tickets etc.)
The actual price for the program – on request.